Welcome To the Rundown

Just a random guy posting things going on.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Running...not so well. (rundown #3)

Okay...so I'm late...like a month late....
I was supposed to keep you guys posted on what's been going on with my running. Even though it's been a month or so since last i raced, I still think we can recap.

Well last time I posted I was just coming off of a great race, a PR. A 5K race where I finished third and pr'd at a time of 19:13. But I've raced three times since then. Two weeks after this race I raced in the third annual Eagle Project 5K, in London, KY. I didn't do my best. It'S hot, humid, and I was tight. I finished 7th overall and 1st in my age group with a time of 19:41. Now after this race really i felt depressed, mostly because I had let myself down. And I knew I could do better....which I did, the very next week. At Barbourville Kentucky's Knox County Fair 5K race. The course was flat for the most part, and smooth. I finished 4th overall with a time of 19:04!!!! Which is my PR. After this race my running depression was over. I felt great! I wish I could have finished in the18s, but life's hard sometimes.
The week after that I raced in Russell Springs,KY, in the Springfest 5K race. This was a special race....but only because i won! Yes sir,I won! I finished with a time of 19:38...but it felt great to win.

I haven't raced since the last week of may...and my training hasn't been very great...because of camps and things. But hopefully I can get started on some intense training before my next 5K race...the Midsummer nights run on august 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment